Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | News | Local News | Contact Us | Home RSS
 
 
 

AuSable Forks family loses home to fire

March 7, 2014
By MATTHEW TURNER (mturner@adirondackdailyenterprise.com) , Lake Placid News

A cooking fire left an AuSable Forks family without a home Thursday, March 6.

The fire occurred in an apartment on Church Lane at 3 a.m. Two parents, an adult son and an 8-year-old child were living there at the time.

Don Jaquish, Essex County's emergency services director, said the fire was contained to the apartment and did not spread to the rest of the building. However, code enforcement ruled the family's apartment uninhabitable.

Volunteers from the North Country Chapter of the American Red Cross stepped in to provide assistance to the family, helping them with lodging and food.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web